#Help is our official help channel. We provide assistance with DareNET and basic IRC matters.
To ensure everyone gets the assistance they need, we request that those helping in the channel observe the following guidelines.
- Anyone may help. You don't need to ask permission before assisting; however, we do expect your information to be accurate.
- English is the preferred language. Please use correct grammar and avoid slang.
- Help is to be done in the channel. However, if you are helping a user in a language other than English, you may do so in private message, but we ask that you let any channel staff present know.
- Abuse and ownership issues are off limits. Matters pertaining to abuse or ownership of any kind regarding accounts or channels should be referred to network staff. No exceptions. If a network staff member is not present, direct the user to open a ticket with H.
- Use full commands. When explaining Services' commands, we prefer that you use the private message method (e.g., /msg ChanServ HELP), rather than aliases or in-channel (fantasy) commands. This is fully supported by all clients, and has the advantage of working regardless of where the user types it.
- One helper per user. Avoid interrupting or improving on help being given. It only leads to confusion. Channel staff may interrupt if the information being given is incorrect or misleading.
- Correction of others should be done via /NOTICE. We suggest that you leave this to channel staff to avoid any larger problems. Please leave all comments about behaviors and warnings to channel operators -- only they have the power to actually take action should things escalate, anyway.
- Decisions of channel operators are final. Arguing will only make the matter worse for you. Please respect their decisions. Any legitimate complaints can be sent here.
Who is channel staff?
You can safely assume that anyone in #help who is a channel operator or half-operator is staff. Those who are voiced may or may not be channel staff; although, these individuals have shown a comprehensive working knowledge of DareNET and IRC in general.