CertFP authentication - XChat 2.8
These instructions are known to work with XChat 2.8. They will NOT work with earlier versions!
You'll first need to copy the mynick.pem file you created to your ~/.xchat2 directory. The filename MUST be <network>.pem, so in our case DareNET.pem.
% cp mynick.pem ~/.xchat2/DareNET.pem
Now, start up XChat.
We need to tell it to connect to DareNET using SSL:
- Go to the XChat menu and select Network list.
- Find DareNET in the list of networks and select edit (if it's not there, add it!)
- You may keep irc.darenet.org as the server, but make sure your port is set to +6697 or +9999.
- Check "Use SSL for all the servers on this network" and "Accept invalid SSL certificate"
- Click "Close" and then "Connect"
Optionally, you can install our CA certificate as a trusted source. https://www.darenet.org/ssl/