Thank you for your interest in contributing to DareNET.
We believe it's important that you understand that we're not your conventional IRC network. That is, server administration and maintenance is performed by our Infrastrcuture team, and we don't guarantee server sponsors any minimum level of access or privilege on the network (we generally only offer an "O-line" for you, the server sponsor).
If you're still interested in contributing your resources towards helping DareNET thrive and grow, please read on.
|Linux 4.4+ or FreeBSD 10.4-RELEASE+
||Ubuntu LTS or Debian stable.
|Pentium4 or better
||2GB or more
Our Infrastructure team manages and updates software using centralized configuraton management tooling, which requires us to have root access. We may create user(s) for DareNET programs, change file descriptor and core file limits, limit access, and make any other modifications necessary to accomodate the network's needs.
If offering to host an IRC server, your hosting provider must allow IRC traffic on their network. Specifically, the running of IRC servers connected to public IRC networks. We will verify this when we review your application.
We expect our server sponsors to
- Always ensure that we have up-to-date online and offline contact information for you
- Stay subscribed to the server sponsors mailing list (low-traffic)
- Give our Infrastructure team ample advance warning about any scheduled network, hardware or software maintenance
- Communicate unexpected downtime and maintenance to our Infrastructure team ASAP
Before applying, we encourage you to speak with an Infrastructure team member in #infrastructure and read about the testlink process. Regardless, the formal application process will begin once you've submitted an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the information below. Please include all information in the body of the email, no attachements. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- DareNET account name. If you do not have an account, you'll need to create one first.
- Contact information. Include your full name, email address and a telephone number you can be reached at. List the best times to contact you, including timezones.
- Geographical location of server. City, principality and country where the server is physically located.
- IP address. This will allow us to perform latency and route checking.
- Hosting provider. Where is this machine hosted? What is your arrangement with this provider (i.e., co-located, sponsored, etc.)?
- Hardware, software, bandwidth and hosting. Describe the system you are offering to host. Provide as much information as possible, including routing details, other services running on the machine, etc.
- dmesg output -- Paste full dmesg output.
- Free Answer. Please explain why you'd like to link to DareNET, and what, if anything, you wish to get back from doing so.
Our Infrastructure team tries to respond to all application submissions within seven days. Applications submitted around major holidays (e.g., Christmas/Yule/Hannukah, New Years, etc.) may take longer to receive a response. Please allow up to seven days before following up on an application.